- Can you identify The Unusual Suspects?
- Let's Get Composting!
- WRWA and Cory response to the LGA Statement on Plastics - August 2018
- News Archive
- Fire at the Smugglers Way Recycling Facility
- Local residents are in the dark about the multiple benefits of household recycling
- China's ban on certain waste materials
- Public Consultation
Fire at the Smugglers Way Recycling Facility
Residents may have seen reports of a fire at the Authority’s Smugglers Way site yesterday afternoon (Monday 25th July 2016).
The Household Waste and Recycling Centre was not affected and is open as normal for residents to deposit their waste and recyclables.
The fire was restricted to a relatively small area of the Material Recycling Facility (MRF) which sorts the ‘Clear Sack Recycling’ collected kerbside from local residents by their local Council.
No one was hurt in the incident and the Authority would wish to thank the Fire Brigade for its swift attendance and expert handling of the situation.