- Can you identify The Unusual Suspects?
- Let's Get Composting!
- Waste Reducers Win Funding for Good Causes
- It all adds up!
- London Reuse Network has Launched
- Feed the 1,000
- The First Feed the 1,000 Event is a Great Success
- One Thousand Portions of Free Food Served to Demonstrate Food Waste
- Windrush Square, Brixton Next Stop for Feed the 1,000 Roadshow
- Annual Report 2013-2014 is now available for Download
- News Archive
- Fire at the Smugglers Way Recycling Facility
- Local residents are in the dark about the multiple benefits of household recycling
- China's ban on certain waste materials
- Public Consultation
Let's Get Composting!
This Compost Awareness Week (6th - 12th May) why not find out more about how you can get composting?
As the sun starts to shine and we venture out into our gardens once again, how would you like to give your flowers some extra colour and your vegetables some extra taste, all while helping play your part to reduce waste?
Composting at home is actually easier then many people think; it’s fantastic for your garden, your environment and your wallet - a great win all round!
Residents of Hammersmith and Fulham, Lambeth and Wandsworth can also receive discounted compost bins to help them get started: visit www.getcomposting.com and enter your postcode to find out what your Borough offers.
Did you know you can compost banana skins, vegetable peelings, tea bags and even toilet roll tubes? Up to a third of the waste in your house hold bin can be composted, so what are you waiting for - get into the garden and get composting!
Waste typically costs companies 4.5% of their turnover (source: Envirowise).
An average office could save thousands of pounds a year just by using both sides of A4 paper.
You can now recycle cartons.