- Can you identify The Unusual Suspects?
- Let's Get Composting!
- WRWA and Cory response to the LGA Statement on Plastics - August 2018
- Recycle Week 2018: 24 - 30 September 2018
- Saturday tours of the recycling centre
- Fire at the Smugglers Way Recycling Facility
- China's ban on certain waste materials
Where does my recycling go?
News and Pams
Separated News & Pams go to mills in Belgium and Norway. The process is very similar to that of the mixed paper/OCC described above:
- Bales of News & Pams are put into an articulated lorry at the MRF in Smugglers Way and taken to the facility.
- Bales are off-loaded and visually inspected for high levels of contaminants.
- The material is shredded, cleaned, pulped and de-inked, with a whisk-like machine pulling any remaining contaminants out.
- The pulp is then dried and rolled to make sheets which are then used to make new newspapers.