- Can you identify The Unusual Suspects?
- Let's Get Composting!
- WRWA and Cory response to the LGA Statement on Plastics - August 2018
- Recycle Week 2018: 24 - 30 September 2018
- Saturday tours of the recycling centre
- Fire at the Smugglers Way Recycling Facility
- China's ban on certain waste materials
Where does my recycling go?
PET coloured is also currently sent to the same plant as PET ‘clear’ in Germany and is processed in the same way.
The PET coloured is processed into food grade plastics (drinks bottles, ready meal trays, etc.), and potentially clothing (such as fleece jackets). The sustainability of making clothes from plastics is under review due to the risk of micro plastics entering the water ecosystems during the washing process of the clothes.