- Can you identify The Unusual Suspects?
- Let's Get Composting!
- WRWA and Cory response to the LGA Statement on Plastics - August 2018
- End of the Line for Waste
- Recycle Week 2018: 24 - 30 September 2018
- Saturday tours of the recycling centre
- Fire at the Smugglers Way Recycling Facility
- China's ban on certain waste materials
Where does my recycling go?
Steel cans are processed in the UK.
- Bales of steel are put into an articulated lorry at the MRF in Smugglers Way and taken to the facility.
- Bales are off-loaded at a bulking yard, where the bales are broken down and any contaminants removed.
- Material is then taken to a UK-based furnace where it is smelted into sheets that are used to make new cans, car or plane parts or anything else that is manufactured from steel.