- Spaces on our next evening tour
- Can you identify The Unusual Suspects?
- Let's Get Composting!
- Waste Reducers Win Funding for Good Causes
- It all adds up!
- London Reuse Network has Launched
- Feed the 1,000
- The First Feed the 1,000 Event is a Great Success
- One Thousand Portions of Free Food Served to Demonstrate Food Waste
- Windrush Square, Brixton Next Stop for Feed the 1,000 Roadshow
- Annual Report 2013-2014 is now available for Download
- News Archive
- Fire at the Smugglers Way Recycling Facility
- Public Consultation
Windrush Square, Brixton Next Stop for Feed the 1,000 Roadshow
The Feed the 1,000 roadshow makes its way to Lambeth
The next stop on the Feed the 1,000 roadshow will be Windrush Square, Brixton on Friday 23 November between 11.30am and 3.30pm.
The event, organised by Recycle Western Riverside in partnership with the London Borough of Lambeth, aims to show how to reduce food waste and give tips and recipes to help residents save money.
Love Food Hate Waste research has found that the average UK family throws away £600 of good food each year and this equates to around 1,000 uneaten meals. To visually demonstrate just how much food that is, Recycle Western Riverside plans to feed one thousand Lambeth residents using the same amount of money that the average family spends on food that is wasted every year.
If you are interested in volunteering at this event, please contact Theresa Greene: Theresa.firstname.lastname@example.org
For recipes and money saving tips to make the most of our food visit: lovefoodhatewaste.com
Waste typically costs companies 4.5% of their turnover (source: Envirowise).
An average office could save thousands of pounds a year just by using both sides of A4 paper.
You can now recycle cartons.