- At Home
- A-Z of Materials
- Buy Recycled
- Recycling Banks
Reuse and Recycling Centres
- DIY Waste Delivered in Vans
- Information for Residents
- Information for Non-Residents and Trade Waste Clients
- Arriving at the reuse and recycling centre in a car, on a motorcycle, by bicycle or on foot
- Arriving with household (non-DIY) waste in a van or a car with a trailer
- Smugglers Way - Information for Vans Only
- Cringle Dock - Information for Vans Only
- Valid ID
- Smugglers Way, SW18 1JS - information for cars, motorcyclists, pedestrians and cyclists only
- Lambeth Reuse and Recycling Centre, SE27 9PA - Lambeth residents in cars only
- Industrial Waste delivered in a Van
- Cringle Dock - information for cars only
- What Happens Next?
- What Are Residents Doing?
- Recycling in the Summer
- Visits to MRF
DIY Waste Delivered in Vans
All domestic Industrial Waste delivered by residents to the Smugglers Way or Cringle Dock Transfer Station is charged for. Industrial Waste includes DIY-type waste from your home such as tiles, windows, doors, timber and wooden flooring, bricks, rubble, paving, stones and hardcore, bathroom suites and fittings, fencing, sheds, kitchen units and fittings, soil and turf. The charges can be found here.
We will continue to receive small quantities of Industrial Waste from residents arriving at the Smugglers Way Household Waste and Recycling Centre in a car, but frequency of deliveries of this type of waste will be monitored through the use of Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) technology and CCTV cameras.
Please be assured that residents wishing to deposit their Household Waste in a van can continue to do so, free of charge (following the usual registration of their vehicle). For clarification, the waste and recyclables the Authority will receive from residents in a van on a free of charge basis are items which most people would reasonably take with them when moving house and which could not reasonably be delivered in a car, e.g. large items of freestanding furniture and white goods, or garden cuttings and prunings.
If you are bringing in an unsorted mixture of chargeable and non-chargeable items you will be charged for everything. If you wish to minimise the charge you pay, please sort your items accordingly before putting them into your van. You will also be required to wear sturdy footwear and a high visibility jacket whilst on site and will be required to purchase one at the weighbridge if you do not have one with you.
If you have any questions about these charges please look at our FAQs page.