- At Home
- A-Z of Materials
- Buy Recycled
- Recycling Banks
Reuse and Recycling Centres
- DIY Waste Delivered in Vans
- Information for Residents
- Information for Non-Residents and Trade Waste Clients
- Arriving at the reuse and recycling centre in a car, on a motorcycle, by bicycle or on foot
- Arriving with household (non-DIY) waste in a van or a car with a trailer
- Smugglers Way - Information for Vans Only
- Cringle Dock - Information for Vans Only
- Valid ID
- Smugglers Way, SW18 1JS - information for cars, motorcyclists, pedestrians and cyclists only
- Industrial Waste delivered in a Van
- What Happens Next?
- Visits to MRF
Industrial Waste delivered in a Van
You will find more information about the charges for disposing of DIY waste at Smugglers Way or Cringle Dock Transfer Stations on this page. If you cannot find the information you’d like to know here, please contact us by phone or email.
What items will I be charged for?
The charge applies to items that you would not normally take with you when you move, such as the fixtures and fittings in your home and garden. The list below shows the type of items that you will be charged for if you deliver them in a van:
- Building and demolition material, including plasterboard (only very small quantities allowed – please check first), plaster, roofing tiles, slates, felt, windows, window glass and glazing, doors, wood/timber, MDF, drain pipes and guttering, wall tiles, laminate flooring and floor tiles
- Bathroom suites and fittings, including toilets, baths and tiles
- Kitchen fittings and units, including sinks, work surfaces and cupboard doors
- Rubble, bricks, rocks, stones, hardcore, slabs, asphalt and tarmac
- Soil and turf
- Fencing and sheds
- Roof aerials and sky dishes
You will not be charged for
- Garden prunings, grass cuttings and tree branches that you bring from your own home
- Plant pots and garden ornaments
- Garden benches
- Picnic tables and garden chairs
- Old compost bins and water butts
- Curtain rails
- Electrical items
- Light bulbs and fluorescent tubes
- Light fittings and wires
- General recycling such as glass bottles and jars, paper, cardboard, cans and clothes
If I want to bring lots of items, including some items that are free to dispose of, how will you know what to charge me?
If you bring in an unsorted mixture of chargeable and non-chargeable items you will be charged for everything. Please sort your items into chargeable and non-chargeable items before putting them in your van if you want to minimise the charge you pay.
When you first arrive you need to have your van weighed on the weighbridge. Once it has been weighed you can unload the chargeable items in to the appropriate containers and then return to the weighbridge where your van will be weighed again and you will be asked to pay the relevant charge. Then you will be directed where to offload your non-chargeable items, you will offload the items and you will return to the Weighbridge to be weighed again. Payment for these items will not be required.
What are the charges?
The amount you will be charged is based on the total weight of the items you bring to the sites. A minimum charge will apply. Each waste type attracts a different rate per tonne and a different minimum charge. Please click here for the charges, as determined by the Authority’s Waste Management Services contractor, Cory Environmental Ltd.
How can I pay?
Cory Environmental Ltd. will only receive payment on a major credit or debit card with PIN number. Your payment will be taken by the weighbridge staff and you will be given a receipt.