- At Home
- A-Z of Materials
- Buy Recycled
- Recycling Banks
Reuse and Recycling Centres
- DIY Waste Delivered in Vans
- Information for Residents
- Information for Non-Residents and Trade Waste Clients
- Arriving at the reuse and recycling centre in a car, on a motorcycle, by bicycle or on foot
- Arriving with household (non-DIY) waste in a van or a car with a trailer
- Smugglers Way - Information for Vans Only
- Cringle Dock - Information for Vans Only
- Valid ID
- Smugglers Way, SW18 1JS - information for cars, motorcyclists, pedestrians and cyclists only
- Lambeth Reuse and Recycling Centre, SE27 9PA - Lambeth residents in cars only
- Industrial Waste delivered in a Van
- Cringle Dock - information for cars only
- What Happens Next?
- Visits to MRF
Smugglers Way - Information for Vans Only
Mon-Fri 7:30am to 4pm
Saturday 7:30am to 1pm
Sunday 7:30am to 12pm
(Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day. Normal van opening hours apply on all other Bank Holidays)
Visitors can only dispose of unwanted items at Smugglers Way, there are no recycling facilities for van users. However you can recycle the following materials at Cringle Dock:
- Mixed recycling
- Fridges and freezers*
- Green waste
- Large electrical items
- Paper and cardboard
- Scrap metal
- Televisions and computer screens*
*Please note: these items are not accepted from trade customers.
Before you visit:
- Trade waste is accepted, but a charge applies. Declaring trade waste as household waste is against the law.
- You are visiting a recycling and waste disposal site. Please make sure you are wearing suitable clothing and, in particular, sturdy footwear and suitable gloves. Residents who do not wear appropriate clothing and footwear may be denied access to the site.
When you visit:
- You will not be allowed to bring materials into the site on foot from a vehicle parked outside.
- Please drive carefully - children and pets must remain in vehicles at all times.
- There are signs with material symbols to guide you to the correct drop off points.
- If you're not sure where to put things or need any help, please ask a member of staff.
Tel: 020 8871 2788
In the 30 minutes it takes for the London Eye to go round once, Londoners produce rubbish weighing as much as 30 double decker buses!