- Schools Competition - Sculpt us a Superhero
- Recycling Facility Class Trips
- Assemblies and workshops at your school
- How to reduce waste and recycle at school
- Local Authority Recycling Support
- Interesting Links
- Meet the Education Team
- SpRRRead the Word Video Competition results
- Superhero competition winners
How well does your school reduce, reuse and recycle? Getting started and tackling waste issues in school can begin by an initial look at how the school carries out the 3R's.
It is a good idea to start by taking stock of what is happening with waste in your school at the moment.
You could do this by asking children to carry out a waste audit to find out what is going in the bins – see here for a lesson plan to help you do this.
You can also go into more detail about how waste is being dealt with all around the school, including finding out what policies are in place for purchasing and recycling beyond the classroom. See here for a template you could use.
Once you have carried out an audit you will have a starting point and something to measure against to see how well you are doing with reducing, reusing and recycling.
You can use this to help you put together a waste action plan for the school – there is a template for doing this with your class or eco group here