The Smugglers Way Household Waste and Recycling Centre has returned to normal opening hours, is offering a full range of recycling opportunities and is no longer restricting access based on car registration number.
1. If you are unwell with symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) or in a 14 –day household isolation you should stay at home.
2. You will be required to reverse into a parking bay (to assist with social distancing).
3. Only the driver of the vehicle will be permitted to leave the vehicle. If it is essential for a passenger to assist you in carrying a heavy item, please inform a Recycling Advisor before they leave the vehicle.
4. Please maintain social distancing at all times.
5. You are advised to wear gloves for your own protection.
If you are arriving on foot or by bike there will be a pedestrian one-way system in operation.
SMUGGLERS WAY AND CRINGLE DOCK WASTE TRANSFER STATIONS (FOR RESIDENTS ARRIVING IN A VAN ONLY)
Both Transfer Stations will be open during usual hours.
You will only be permitted to tip if you arrive wearing sturdy, closed-in shoes (no flip flops or open-toe sandals) and have a Hi-Viz vest or jacket (they can be purchased at the Weighbridge Office for £9.00, while stocks last).
You are required to pre-register your van before arriving on site in order that you can drop off your Household Waste for free – https://wrwa.gov.uk/centre-opening-times/. It is essential that you produce ID which should be shown to the Weighbridge Clerk by holding it up against the Weighbridge Office window.
If you have any queries, please take a look at our FAQS page.