As Wandsworth Bridge will be closed to vehicles from Monday, 24th July 2023, for approximately ten weeks, arrangements have been made for residents of Hammersmith and Fulham and Kensington and Chelsea to use the Abbey Road Household Reuse and Recycling Centre (HRRC), NW10.
There are important differences in the Site Rules of the Abbey Road HRRC and the Smugglers Way Recycling Centre, so please read the information below which highlights the main differences to ensure your visit goes smoothly and reduces the risk of a wasted journey.
Monday : 8am to 4pm
Thursday: 8am to 4pm
Friday: 8am to 4pm
Saturday: 8am to 4pm
Sunday: 8am to 4pm
1. Bookings will consist of a 30 minute booking slot. You can arrive at any time during your booking slot but Centre staff will ask you to leave if you are still on site 5 minutes after that time slot ends. It is therefore advisable to sort your items before your visit.
2. You will be asked to confirm your Booking Reference on arrival.
3. Valid ID – Two forms of ID will be required. Photo ID e.g. driver’s licence and a second proof of ID confirming address issued within the last four months (e.g. Council Tax bill, utility bill).
4. There will be a charge for the following DIY-type waste:
• All building and demolition material including plasterboard, tiles, windows, doors, timber and wooden flooring
• Bricks, rubble, stones and hard core
• Bathroom suites and fittings
• Fencing, sheds and paving
• Kitchen units, sinks and fittings
• Soil and turf
• Propane Gas Bottles
If you are dropping off DIY-type waste, you will need to arrive at the Centre and complete payment before 3.30pm. Payment will only be accepted by card (no cash).
5. The Abbey Road HRRC has a Black Bag Splitting Area. If you are delivering waste, as opposed to materials for reuse and recycling, you should expect your bags to be opened and any recyclable materials will be removed prior to placing in a Recycling container.
You will find a full list of the Abbey Road HRRC Site Rules clearly laid out on the Abbey Road HRRC Booking pages.
If you would like to book a slot, just visit the Abbey Road HRRC website .
The Abbey Road HRRC is managed by West London Waste Authority (WLWA) and is for the benefit of residents of Brent, Ealing, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow and Richmond. WLWA have kindly agreed that residents of Hammersmith and Fulham and Kensington and Chelsea can use the Centre for the duration of the Wandsworth Bridge repairs. You will see that the Booking Form directs residents to bookings@ westlondonwaste.gov.uk or Brent Council should they have any queries but this is a direction for the residents of the Boroughs listed above. Should you have any queries, please direct them to this Authority on email@example.com or 020 8871 2788.